Saturday, December 31, 2011

How do you measure a year?

Source: google.com via Judy on Pinterest



2011 Lessons Learned

  • The loftier the goal, sometimes, the harder the fall.  I'm terribly guilty of aiming too high sometimes.  I know that sounds self-depricating, but at least it's the truth.  I know my limitations, and I resist change more than I realized.  I'm not as go with the flow as I once thought.
  • What gives me joy and peace is not what gives others the same feeling.  I have my own definition of happiness, and I need to focus less on perfection and more on balance.  
  • My husband will do anything to serve my heart and make me feel secure.  I always knew this to be true, but his dedication in the past year has been an excellent reminder :)
  • I am blessed daily with old and new friends. Reminds me of the motto:  Make new friends and keep the old, one is silver and the other's gold.
  • Seeing yourself in your daughter is all at once thrilling and terrifying!
  • Starting the day with a clean kitchen sink will make any day brighter and calmer.
  • My twenties were for self-indulgency, my thirties will be for self-control.
  • God wants me to talk to him.  Every day.


I had plans of adding my goals for 2012 with this post, but honestly, I'm still working on them.  I'd like them to be measurable goals, and I'm limiting myself to only three.  This is difficult, because usually my goals read like this...

1.  Change the world.
2.  Be amazing at everything.
3.  Never surrender.
4.  Lose 5 pounds.
5.  Exercise 3 days a week.
6.  Eat 50% organic.

And so on.... You see my problem.

What about you?  What attainable goals are you setting for 2012? Anything learned from 2011? Please share :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Loved reading your 2011 lessons learned. Enspired me to sit down and think about mine too.

Happy New Year, friend!!!!

Erin said...

Thanks friend, same to you!! :)