Monday, November 7, 2011

Ode to my Wardrobe

I've been having lots of moments lately where I stand in front of my closet and mourn the loss of my clothing.  Dress slacks, fitted collared shirts, and a few skirts hang listlessly in my closet.  Sometimes we reminisce about all the good times we had together.

Maybe part of my depression stems from my lack of organization...



Were you expecting a color-matched and pristinely designed closet picture here?  Wrong blog, people.


Anyway, I think I speak for a lot of stay-at-home and work-at-home Moms when I say, I really miss my work wardrobe sometimes.  Sure, jeans and a comfy top are playdate staples that every mom appreciates.  But, sometimes, you just want to pull on something a little less durable and practical.  And not just for date night, but during actual hours of sunlight.

I miss the act of buying work clothes as well.  I was a teacher, so I loved the easy, dressy style of Banana Republic, The Loft, and JCrew.  I feel like there's no real purpose buying "nicer" clothes now, I mean, they have to be play-doh and snotty nose resistant - right? (That's code for No Dry-Cleaning).

I need to pull some of my favorites aside and consider how to make workable outfits out of them.  I think this would be an adventure in frugality.  Learning to work what you own, instead of buying new.

I love blogs that help me feel moms can be chic and comfortable while chasing after small children.

How do you mix your "work" and "play" clothes to make your own style?  Do you have a favorite everyday style blog?

No comments: