Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thrifty Thursday ~ Frugal Christmas Decor

I love Christmas decorations.  I love the glitter, the shine, the pretty.  I love the ceramic Santa and the dancing snowman.  I love it all.

I could spend hours at Target or Michaels perusing the holiday aisles.  It is my most favorite time of year.  Forgive me for using every superlative I know to express this love.

Anyway, you can imagine my strong desire to buy new, shiny Christmas decor every year.  But, this simply isn't possible.  We've been gifted most of our decorations (which I love).  However, I did want to pick up a few items to add to our holiday sparkle.

Enter Target Dollar bins!  Most of my life's dilemmas can be solved in the $1 bins at Target.  I snagged a ton of these mini ornaments.  I just didn't know what I was going to put them in.


I am a woman with lots of flower vases.  I guess that speaks to the chivalry of my husband, but don't tell him I said so ;)  However, the ornaments only half-filled my vase, and I thought it looked silly on my mantle.


I salvaged some old colored tissue paper from the holiday bin. It nearly called out to me for a new home.


 I took our frame that usually holds our wedding photo and slipped in this cute little printable.  I love Elf!  I'm pretty happy with the result.  


Since today is December 1st I've been trying to decide on an advent calendar to do with Amelia.  I thought this looked just my style.  Simple and cheap.  But, what happens if I want to make mini-muffins in December? Hmm...could get tricky.  

Happy December everyone! 

2 comments:

mandy said...

You are amazing - you know that right? I just can't get over this blog! its SUPERB! No other word for it! AND I loved what you did for Matt! SO SO COOL! Miss you!

Erin said...

You're lovely - thanks friend! :)