Monday, November 28, 2011

Getting out in front of it!

I have made a real effort this year to get out in front of Christmas.  Meaning not waiting to the last minute (for once) and making December a month for enjoyment.  I was so uplifted to read this post about just that idea!  November was a busy month filled with planning, parties, and sickness for my whole family.  High and low moments for sure.  Here's a quick recap.


My husband turned 30 the week before Thanksgiving, and we enjoyed a fun morning at the park with a (thankfully) healthy Amelia.


I can't believe he's 30!  I know it's still young, but I've been dating my husband since we were 16 and it's just amazing to me how quickly the years have flown.

I sent him out that afternoon so I could work my trickery.  He was pleasantly surprised to come home to family and friends!  I even found his college roomie who he hadn't seen in over 6 years.  Score one for me!  He truly deserved to feel loved and blessed, and I'm so happy he had fun.




A collage of pics on the front door to greet him.


Another Pinterest score!  Had to make it my own with these delicious organic pops!


Thanksgiving!  Mission accomplished.  If you read about my fear of cooking a large, dead, naked bird you will be pleased that we succeeded in roasting it to a golden brown.  I'm not ashamed to say that I hid in the other room while my husband prepped it.  I was just relieved to shove it in the oven!  But, man, it was delicious.  Well worth my fretting.


We had a lovely holiday weekend with my in-laws.  Amelia was content to check out the Black Friday ads and build play-doh every morning.  

I have a few more Christmas goals to mark off my list before December rolls in next week.  
  • Complete decorating the house
  • Get Christmas tree next weekend (if available from our favorite church)
  • Buy stocking stuffers
  • Wrap Christmas gifts 
  • Mail gifts 

That sounds like a tall order, right?  I'm just relieved to have the major shopping completed (I love you, internets) so I can stay out of the malls and not suffer from a case of Want-itis this year.  It's challenging not to impulse shop for everyone right until the last frenzied moment.

We are working hard on baby step 2 and are getting close to getting that credit card down to a $0 balance - hooray!

What are you goals this week?

No comments: